Proofreading is a final check after layout and design to correct any errors in the text or the visual elements.
It typically involves checking for spelling, grammar and typographical errors in a document that is already in its final form.
The proofreader checks that:
- all components of the publication are included and in the right order
- all cross-references, page numbers and captions are correct
- grammar, spelling and punctuation are correct
- capitalisation, hyphenation, abbreviations and numbers are consistent and conform with the style guide
- heading hierarchies and other layout elements are correct.
- page numbers
- table of contents
Thank you Denise … really appreciate your fast approach, guidance and flexibility.
Have a question or want to discuss your project?